Friday, March 11, 2011

Simple Health

I am often asked by my patients, "Doc, what do I need to do to be healthy?" Our world is full of the latest fad diets, supplements, tests and programs that are all suppossed to make us live longer, healthier lives. More often than not we learn two years or so down the road that it actually may have been harmful. What is one to do? The volume of material can be quite overwhelming. The quest for health in some may produce anxiety and others a resigned apathy.I have found that keeping a simple approach to health brings the greatest rewards. It is the simple daily habits that we make that make the biggest difference.Here are my four basic components to maintaining health:

Watch What Goes In
Keep Moving
Maintain Balance
Listen to Your Doctor

Sound too simple? Tune in and I'll discuss each of these in more detail in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete